Best aesthetic look, fast, economical & high quality were the base
requirement for Pre-Engineered Buildings. Though, It's been a best
option to choose, because of its following benefits like cost
effectiveness, less time consuming as compared to other conventional
buildings. Also, it's faster than conventional buildings, thus, it takes 25 %
less time consuming and also it has been 30% lighter than conventional
buildings. Firstly, the plan and load on the building was calculated, and
then it was manufactured in factory and then assembled on actual site at
the time of construction.
Because of its speed, quality value it appeals to all parties involved in the project as one of its advantages.Design and build was a practice that differentiate it from all other buildings. It well suited to the industries. It was found to be cheap, fast to erect and can move to another site .such structures are also known as "Metal Boxes", "Tin Sheds" they were in rectangular shaped closed with corrugated with metal sheeting's.
Pre Engineered Buildings was designed to meet client's requirements. PEB's were defined for its definite measurements. Measurements were usually taken accurately for the requirements. The basic parameters were-
1. Width or Span of Building - The centre to centre length from one end wall column to the other end wall column of a frame was called its breadth or span of the building. The width between two columns could be measured as span. The span length for different buildings tends to change. Designing was done on span length given by the customer. The basic span length starts from 10 m to150 m or above with intermediate columns.
2. Length of Building- The length of PEB considered to be measured as the total length extending from one frontend to the rear end of the building. Also the length of PEB could be extendable in future.
3. Building Height- Building height was the height which was mainly the distance from the bottom of the main frame column base plate to the top outer point of the eave strut.
4. Roof Slope - It was the angle of the roof with respect to the horizontal. Most common roof slopes were 1/10 and 1/20 for tropical countries like our India. The roof slope at the snowfall locations could varies up to 1/30 to 1/60.
5. Design Loads- It was designed for the following minimum loads. The designed loads plays a vital role in case of PEB. Structures failure could be occurred, in case it was not properly designed. The major problem was to determine the loads acting on a structure. Loads varies mainly with the architectural design, material and with the location of the structure.